A good introduction is key to a successful H2020 proposal. Your research proposal introduction should answer the following questions for the evaluator, in a concise paragraph:
1. What is the target problem?
2. Who is affected, and what is the scale of the problem?
3. Why it is important to solve this problem?
4. Why it has been challenging up to now to find solutions?
5. What is your idea and proposed research/innovation solution?
6. Who are you and who is in your consortium?
7. What are the expected impacts and benefits of your proposed project?
Such an introduction will help the evaluator to get quickly to the core of your project.