Workshop A: Successful H2020 Proposals – An Evaluators Perspective
This ‘Successful H2020 Proposals – An Evaluators Perspective’ half-day workshop can be held in-house at your organisation. The workshop provides an overview of EU funding opportunities available within Horizon 2020 from 2014 to 2020. We will provide practical tips for individuals or groups planning to apply for funding. At the end of
the workshop you will have sufficient information to identify a suitable funding scheme and to proceed with a proposal.
See the workshop agenda below for more information.
To find out more information, or to book a workshop please contact us.
Workshop A – Agenda
09:00 OVERVIEW OF H2020 FUNDING
– Three main H2020 funding priorities
– Excellent Science
– Industrial Leadership
– Societal Challenges
– Which funding scheme is right for you?
09:30 PLANNING A H2020 PROPOSAL
– How to interpret calls and topics
– How to write a one-page proposal
– How to schedule the proposal activities
– Networking and building your consortium
10:30 TEA/COFFEE BREAK
1 0:45 WRITING A H2020 PROPOSAL
– How to register and complete Part A-forms
– Part B-the main proposal:
– How to present a credible Excellence section
– How to write a convincing Impact section
– How to get high scores for Implementation
– Ethics and Gender considerations
– Disciplines, Sectors, Multi-Actors
12:15 HOW YOUR PROPOSAL IS EVALUATED
– What happens after you press SUBMIT
– EC Evaluators and how your proposal is scored
– Sample EC evaluation outcomes – good and bad
– How to become an EC Evaluator
13:00 WHERE TO GET HELP
– H2020 contact points
– European Commission and EU contacts
– What to do next – some useful timelines
13:10 DISCUSSION AND FEEDBACK
13:30 CLOSE OF WORKSHOP
– OPPORTUNITIES FOR ONE-TO-ONE MENTORING
OVERVIEW OF THE WORKSHOP
This half-day workshop can be held in-house
at your organisation. The workshop provides an
overview of EU funding opportunities available
within Horizon 2020 from 2014 to 2020.
We will provide practical tips for individuals or
groups planning to apply for funding. At the end of
the workshop you will have sufficient information
to identify a suitable funding scheme and to
proceed with a proposal.
WHAT IS H2020 FUNDING?
Horizon 2020 is the latest EU Research and
Innovation Programme with nearly €80 billion of
funding available over 7 years (2014 to 2020).
There are many opportunities across a broad
range of funding schemes. While every effort is
made by the EC to simplify the process, it can be
daunting for applicants – we provide easy-to follow
and insightful tips to smooth the way to
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE WORKSHOP?
– Principal Investigators
– Research Group Leaders
– Project Managers
– Research Administrators
– Research End-Users,from industry or academia
THE WORKSHOP WILL BE PRESENTED
BY DR. CATHERINE HALBERT OF
Catherine is an experienced EC Evaluator
and has been involved in scientific
research management for over 20 years.
The workshop was excellent i specifically enjoyed learning about all the specific steps needed to write the proposal and how they are evaluated.
The way Catherine explains things makes the whole workshop attractive and interesting. I found the one page proposal really helpful.
I enjoyed the walk through of the application forms. Important tips about content and how it is evaluated.